Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Impatient Paint: 12x12 Artist Regina Murphy


Guest Interviewer: Cayla Lewis

Regina Murphy, OKC
Regina Murphy, Picasso's Playhouse, Acrylic, 12x12”
Q: Where do you draw the inspiration from for the landscapes in your work? Are the places imagined or actual?
Regina Murphy: Many places are actual, some are imagined, and some are a combination of both.

Q: You have been in the art world for a long time and explored many techniques and mediums. Is there a certain one that you always fall back on?
RM: I always return to acrylics because of the fast drying nature of the medium.  I am a very impatient person and paint rather fast, so acrylics seem to fit me best, although I still love oils and often revisit them.

Do you ever get stuck in a rut? What do you do?
RM: Yes.  When that happens I just keep painting but the work turns out badly.  Then, finally I get a new inspiration and go on from there.

View and bid on this artwork as part of the 12x12 Art Fundraiser on September 28, 2012 along with food, fun and 149 other artists. Preview the artwork for the one-night event and purchase tickets here: www.12x12okc.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the ASCP but I don't get the coverage most people get. I've also had issues and had to prep on some items. I think it's a fine paint but I don't use ot exclusively. It's another tool in my box.kandy paint