Thursday, September 20, 2012

Abundant Materials: 12x12 Artist Brooks Tower


Guest Interviewer: Cayla Lewis

Brooks Tower, OKC
Brooks Tower,  Sunburger, Porcelain, stone 
Q: From where do you gather materials for your mosaic pieces?
Brooks Tower: I get materials from various sources - both on-line and local businesses and contractors. Aloha Tile, located on NW 10th here in OKC, has lots of odds and ends and stuff left over from jobs they do. I have way too many materials, even after several massive purges

Q:Where else can audiences view your artwork?
BT: Well, my work is a part of the columbarium and courtyard project at St. Paul's Episcopal Cathedral on NW 7th and Robinson here in OKC.

I did have an exhibition down at the Leslie Powell Gallery in Lawton this past January, but since then, and for a couple of years now, I have not been exhibiting my gallery work locally, due to the imminent invasion of giant lizard creatures from space. Of course, there's always my website, and if people know the password, they could see selected pieces at my house. 

View and bid on this artwork as part of the 12x12 Art Fundraiser on September 28, 2012 along with food, fun and 149 other artists. Preview the artwork for the one-night event and purchase tickets here: www.12x12okc.org

No comments: