Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Canine Dignity: 12x12 Artist Diana Smith


Guest Interviewer: Cayla Lewis

Diana Smith, OKC
Diana Smith, Chaco, Acrylic, 12x12"
Q: What is the inspiration for your 12x12 piece?
Diana Smith: I have chosen a very warm, but bright palette, reminding me of the colors of the New Mexico landscape then interjected the wild wolf into this landscape. My vision is to create a pleasant, comforting place, while portraying the dignity and presence of the canine.

Q: As a mixed media artist, is there a particular medium you prefer above the others?
DS: This new body of work feels like a cleansing. I have put aside collage and mixed media which were incorporated in my work for years. Now I’m concentrating on paint, only including a few lines of suggestion with charcoal. I am delving back into abstract composition, where my formal training began, and adding just a touch of figurative. 

View and bid on this artwork as part of the 12x12 Art Fundraiser on September 28, 2012 along with food, fun and 149 other artists. Preview the artwork for the one-night event and purchase tickets here: www.12x12okc.org

No comments: