Friday, March 5, 2010

Momentum Artist: Tabby Deskin, Dibble

Tabby Deskin, Dibble
Kriva, Colored Pencil
Upward, Colored Pencil on Wood

Q: What was the concept behind your Momentum artwork?
A: My work incorporates figurative work into nature elements.

Q: Explain the technique and/or process you used to create your Momentum work.
A: For my drawing on paper, I brainstormed nature themes and how they could be personified. With my work "Upward," I looked at different pieces of wood to find figures that already existed in the grain. Once I found that figure, I simply brought it out by using colored pencils to emphasize what was already there.

View, Purchase and Experience Artwork by Oklahoma's Emerging Young Artists at Momentum OKC tonight 6 pm-midnight and tomorrow 8 pm-midnight. Gallery Hours: March 9, 10 & 11. Tickets and more information: www.MomentumOklahoma.org.

No comments: