Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Momentum Artist: Marumi Abe, Ada

Marumi Abe, Ada
Buddha on Trash Can  & Buddha on Barrel

Q: What was the concept behind your Momentum artwork?
A: My experience while studying in the United States made me realize the importance of my culture and where I am from. My work represents this using a mixture of Western and Eastern cultures. Found objects, barrels and trash cans, fulfill the idea of industrial waste which represents Western culture. Buddha represents my culture, which is Eastern culture.

Q: Explain the technique and/or process you used to create your Momentum work.
A: I used plasma cutter to make those shapes on my sculptures. Barrel is powder coated.


View, Purchase and Experience Artwork by Oklahoma's Emerging Young Artists at Momentum OKC. Event: March 5-6. Gallery Hours: March 9, 10 & 11. Tickets and more information: http://www.momentumoklahoma.org/.

No comments: