Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Momentum Artist: Brittaney Chilton

Brittaney Chilton, Choctaw
Rope Bearer
Four layer monoprint
Q: What was your concept behind your work?
BC: Using color to affect percieved reality, my work is a visual expression of my personality. Stark contrasts and bold dramatic uses of color are the centerpieces of my works, bringing my perspective of the world to surface. Unabashedly abstracted in both form and color, Rope Bearer is a further exploration into the expressive qualities of my work.

Q: Explain the technique and/or process you used for the piece.
BC: I create my monoprints using layered fields of color and the printing surface itself to transfer color and produce the image.

Momentum Tulsa 2009 includes visual art by artists aged 30 and younger. The exhibition is free and open at Living Arts, 307 E Brady, Tulsa, until October 24. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Sunday 1-5 pm, until 9 pm on Thursday and Friday.

Curators Scott Perkins & Frank Wick selected 93 artworks by 66 artists from all over the state for the exhibition. Also, three Spotlight artists created bodies of work on display, Nick Bayer, Dustin Boise, and Emily Kern. Intern Ashley Romano interviewed the artists to learn about their creative process. Watch for more profiles throughout the run of the exhibition.

No comments: