Tuesday, July 28, 2009

24 Works on Paper Artists: Eleanor Davy Carmack

To give insight into the works included in the 24 Works on Paper exhibition, Ryan Pack has interviewed some of the participating artists about their work in the show. The exhibition continues through August 8 at IAO Gallery, 811 N Broadway in downtown OKC. It will then travel the state for a full year.

Eleanor Davy Carmack

Would you care to tell us about the technique you used for your piece? And why the technique appeals to you?
Periodically throughout my art career I have created a series of works on paper. For the last several years I have had this new series in my mind and only recently have been able to focus on them. I use an abstract mixed medium approach toward each work. I am continually creating images for my art in my mind. I usually am working on a series of paintings, such as my portrait paintings of artist friends, while I am creating my next body of work.

Do you listen to anything while you create your work? What inspires you (Be it art, music, books, movies, etc..)?
I start to work immediately on entering the studio. I usually put on a CD but never hear it end because I am so focused on my work.

No comments: