Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guest Artist: Paul Mays

Emerging artist (& recent intern) Ryan Pack is querying artist members about business of art tips. Watch for new artist interviews regularly. This week's query is to Paul Mays from OKC.

RP: What has been the toughest aspect for you as far as creating your art is concerned?

PM: I think that the toughest part about creating artwork is making time to do so. I am married and work a full time job and sometimes the last thing that I want to do when I get home is go back to work. Sometimes, I have to set a schedule and follow it strictly to make sure that I make it to the studio. Once I become involved in a project I can never figure why it was so hard to start. I become immersed in the artwork and work eagerly towards the finished piece.



No comments: